The Business Development committee was formed in July 2013 – an initiative undertaken to expand ICCC’s scope of activities.
Among the main objectives of the committee are:
- Promote business ties between Canada and India, including but not limited to, joint ventures and investment, organizing trade delegations and other areas of collaboration
- Offer advice to governments on policies and programs affecting Canada's relations with India in the business sector and to serve as a forum for exchange of information and views between small businesses of Canada and India
- Provide information and advice to small businesses from both countries with respect to trade and investment matters and to conduct programs and carry out research designed to promote bilateral trade and investment
- Mobilize online resources for sharing information between ICCC and other likeminded groups in India and Canada
- Develop an interactive database that can be utilized within the business community to benefit users in both countries
- Organize seminars to educate Canadian and Indian businesses on bilateral trade
The committee will work under the guidance of the President ICCC. The team is composed of ICCC members who are enthusiastic volunteers and act as Ambassadors on behalf of the Chamber.