About our Committees
As an umbrella organization, the Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce (ICCC) overseas a number of dynamic committees led by local entrepreneurs and professionals.
Each committee has certain autonomy in developing programs of interest to its members and the overall Chamber membership.
The Chamber’s membership and office staff coordinates and supports the initiatives of the committees. All committees have a unique portfolio of skills and approach to drive the core mission of the Chamber where members can develop and cultivate business contacts while contributing to the community.
The Chamber encourages active involvement and participation in the committees.
While the Board of Directors steer the direction the Chamber takes in any particular year, the actual implementation of the board's decisions are carried out by the various committees of the Chamber.
The main factors that determine the formation of committees are:
- The economic trends in Canada and India
- General direction the Chamber wishes to take in its current phase of growth and consolidation
- Emergence of a new interest group within the Chamber
- Induction of a director with special interest and expertise in a specific area
The Committees have been bifurcated into two parts:
Programs & Events
- Finance & Sponsorship
- International Trade and Market Access\
- Membership & Engagement
- Government Affairs
- New Immigrants & Mentorship
- Small and Medium Enterprises
- Women Professionals & Entrepreneurs
- Young Professionals & Entrepreneurs
- Advertising and Media
- Banking, Financial Services & Insurance
- Education, Advanced Skills & Training
- Information and Communication Technology
- International Students Committee
- Transportation and Logistics
- Legal, Tax & Compliance
The Chamber actively encourages the formation of new committees. If you are interested in forming a new committee, please write a proposal to the Chamber at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may volunteer for any existing committee by sending your resume to email@example.com.
The head of the committee would then contact you at a suitable time to seek your assistance and assign you a task.
Please remember, this is a volunteer-driven organisation and everyone who works in these committees have day jobs, so if it takes a while for them to respond, please be patient.
All committee volunteers must become members of these councils before being able to volunteer. This requirement is mandatory.